It's hard out there for a Rockets fan. We're always drowning in injury reports, Alston antics, and let-down losses to the Clippers, Pacers, or Wizards.
So let's cheer up.
Optimism Level 1: Facts are facts
- We're 28-17
- We've beaten the Boston Celtics, Utah Jazz, San Antonio Spurs, New Orleans Hornets, and several other good ballclubs.
- Von Wafer is beasting everyone.
- Landry, Scola, and Brooks have all developed well.
Optimism Level 2: Good, not great
- Yao Ming isn't out for the season.
- Dikembe Mutombo is back.
- Rick Adelman is sleeping less during games.
- We only lost by single digits to L.A. and Cleveland.
Optimism Level 3: Pushing our luck
- Ron Artest is taking charges instead of being charged.
- We're 2-0 against the Thunder.
- Luther Head isn't playing
- Chuck Hayes's 35.7 FT% isn't hurting us, as he attempts .3 per game.
Optimism Level 4: Just for kicks
- Shane Battier has yet to miss a trivia question on the Toyota Center scoreboard during time-outs.
- T-Mac finally sold his car on eBay. Either that or nobody bought it, because the "buy now" period has ended.
- Steve Novak has yet to explode in Los Angeles, thus making our decision to trade him seem somewhat plausible. But he may be heating up: 4 straight double-digit games, baby!
- At least we average more blocked shots than the Bucks and Knicks.
Optimism Level 5: Going against everything we believe in
- Rafer Alston is...(gulp)...playing quite well.