I feel like I should have done this earlier when you guys got C.Lee, but I was never a big Lee fan and he wasn't that complex a player to write about... unlike Terrance.
First I'll start with the negatives, to get those out of the way...
1. T.Will obviously has some growing up to do.He clashed with last year's coaches and Avery as well. He was constantly late and constantly on twitter. He seems to have a good heart, but also does and says stupid things.
2. His immaturity can show on the court as well. At times he plays very selfishly and will hog the ball or take too many shots. He also can force things and cause turnovers.
3. He's not really 6'6" I know every body says each players heights are inflated and listed in shoes, but even compared to those players listed at 6'6" it's clear he's not. He's closer to 6'4" and Avery has even said he doesn't have the size (height wise) to play SF.
4. He has a suspect shot and settles. With his skills he should be attacking and FINISHING, but he will settle for floaters and pull-ups.
Now enough about the negative, on to the good news.
1. He's one of the most versatile players I have watched. He can rack up assists and rebounds like nothing. He average 28/11/11 in the D-league, 14/7/5 the last 21 games of last season, helping us avoid futility.
2. He's a super 6th man. He doesn't really have a clear cut position. He's not a good enough shooter to be a SG, he's not tall enough to play SF and his decision making has to improve for him to be a PG, but that may be his best position. Either way, put him in the game and energy changes.
3. If he puts it all together, he has the talent to be an Iggy type player and borderline all-star. Much depends on him, but I think the proper coaching and guidance will go along way.
4. I think he will fit nicely next to C.Lee, Martin or Brooks in the back-court since he will compliment their shooting well. He's a much better ball handler than C.Lee, he's much more dynamic than Martin and has the size to line-up next to Brooks.
Either way, I will miss him, and wish you guys the best with him.