In light of the news that Chris Bosh is probably going to Miami, I initially felt a little down. Then, I realized that to feel anything but optimism for next season is irrational.
- Ron Artest i.e. the lockdown defender who kept Kobe at bay. Wait, wasn't that Shane Battier? Don't we still have him?
- Carl Landry. OK, pretty big loss, I'll admit.
- Trevor Ariza i.e. a younger, less crazy Artest-level defender who can knock down key shots and is a monster slasher.
- Kevin Martin i.e. the perimeter threat we always lacked, a ridiculously efficient and creative scorer.
- The development of Aaron Brooks & Kyle Lowry into one of the best point-guard duos in the NBA. That MIP award speaks for itself.
- A reconstructed Yao Ming whose knee surgery will hopefully follow precedent (Ilgauskas) and last an entire series this time around.
- Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill, Patrick Patterson, Jermaine Taylor... you get the idea
Personally, I think if we don't do anything but resign Lowry and Scola this off-season, we'll still be in the mix to go deep into the playoffs and contend for a title.