Take a look at this press release, Shakers. I'm not one to try to promote too often, but this looks like something that most, if not all of you would be interested in. It's also for a good cause.
WHERE: Houston International Festival, East Side of Bagby Street, between Dallas and Lamar Streets
The NBA's largest mobile basketball playground, NBA Nation presented by T-Mobile USA will roll into Houston and tip off its fifth summertime tour on Saturday, April 30 at the "Houston International Festival."
Special NBA Nation guest appearing in Houston is Legend Darryl Dawkins, who will serve as the official tour ambassador visiting cities throughout the tour to greet fans, sign autographs and serve as a special judge for select competitions. Along with presenting partner T-Mobile, NBA Nation features associate partners Kia Motors, Sprite and Dribble to Stop Diabetes (an NBA/WNBA/D-League FIT campaign supported by sanofi-aventis U.S. and the American Diabetes Association). The tour provides fans of all ages a variety of free interactive basketball activities on the NBA Nation Center Court and T-Mobile 4G Half Court.
Other NBA Nation special guests appearing in Houston include:
• NBA Player Kyle Lowry of the Houston Rockets - appearing at the T-Mobile 4G Half Court on April 30, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• NBA Player Luis Scola of the Houston Rockets - appearing at the Kia Performance Zone on April 30, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• NBA Legend Clyde Drexler - appearing at the Kia Performance Zone on May 1 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
NBA Nation offers a variety of activities for fans of all ages, including:
• T-Mobile Halftime Court - Fans can take part in competitions and clinics featuring the "T-Mobile 4G Shooters Touch" Game, pitting fans with their family and friends against an opposing team to see who can sink their shots first.
• Kia Performance Challenge - Fans can test their dribbling, passing and shooting skills against the clock.
• Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown - Fans can use their creativity and basketball skills to perform their best dunks before a panel of judges including NBA Nation Ambassador Darryl Dawkins. One winner from each city will receive a $1,000 prize and continue competing for the chance to be crowned the Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown Champion. The runner up in each city will receive $500.
• T-Mobile 4G in Action - Basketball fans will have the opportunity to interact with a number of T-Mobile 4G devices and get their phones engraved with their favorite NBA team's logo.
• Dribble to Stop Diabetes - Fans will be encouraged to take a diabetes risk test as well as get active by participating in a number of dribbling activities on NBA Nation Center Court.
• T-Mobile VIP Sky Deck - Existing T-Mobile customers will be granted access to the T-Mobile VIP Sky Deck where they can watch the action, listen to deejays spinning the hottest music and enjoy refreshments.
• Measure Up - Fans can measure themselves against life-size replicas of favorite players on the Tall and Short, Arm Span, Walk of Fame and Get-A-Grip displays.
• NBA's 50 Greatest Plays - Watch historic NBA plays on a 47-inch flat screen.
• Video Arcade - Fans challenge each other to the latest NBA video games aboard the NBA Nation show truck.