So this is my first post ever so I hope to get good reaction. I really don't talk much in the blog but I do read it all the time and I'm posting this because i believe this is a really good realistic trade. The trade basically is us trading Flynn, Thabeet, and William (the 09'ers) for the Lakers Walton and 1 or 2 first round picks they own. The number picks depend on Morey's magic to get the two picks.(Lakers own theirs and the Mavericks pick) The Rockets then can amnesty Walton and get more cap room.
You can see trade on the trade machine:
The whole reason the cap works is because Lakers have a 8.5 million dollar trade exception and is use on Flynn and Thabeet.
- The Lakers get a point guard that can actually move
- They get much needed depth on the bench with Williams and Thabeet (not really with Thabeet)
- They get rid of Luke Walton's horrific contract
- All these plays contracts expire after this season so it frees them up financially
- The Rockets get one or two first round pick in a very strong draft (That will give them 3 or 4 picks for next year)
- They have immediate cap room for now
- They get rid of the 09ers who die on the bench and these three can actually get time in L.A
Lets say this trade does actually happen we can swing around and trade for Dwight Howard for Lets say Luis Scola, Jordan Hill, Marcus Morris, and 2 or 3 first round picks could possibly get Dwight here as a rental. We would also have enough cap next year summer to sign another player on max deal if we release the bear and amnesty Walton.
I hope you like this scenario and comment below on what you think and how feel about this idea.