So, the draft order has been established. Your devoted writers here at the Dream Shake have set up a mock draft, pick by pick, to be delivered to you daily. We will be going through the first round of the draft with our selections and our reasons why we think we will correctly predict the whole damn thing.
1. New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis
2. Charlotte Bobcats: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. Washington Wizards: Andre Drummond
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Harrison Barnes
5. Sacramento Kings: Thomas Robinson
6. Portland Trail Blazers: Bradley Beal
7. Golden State Warriors: Terrence Jones
8. Toronto Raptors: Perry Jones III
9. Detroit Pistons: John Henson
10. New Orleans Hornets: Damian Lillard
11. Portland Trail Blazers: Jared Sullinger
The Milwaukee Bucks turned some heads when they traded Andrew Bogut to the Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis, but for some reason I can't convince myself that they're ready to rebuild. They did pick up Ekpe Udoh in the Ellis deal as well, but what they need is a true center who can start ahead of Udoh. The question becomes: Do the Bucks go with potential or with production? Find out after the jump!
With the twelfth pick in The Dream Shake's 2012 NBA Mock Draft, the Milwaukee Bucks select Meyers Leonard, sophomore center from Illinois.
The Bucks may be ready to win now, but they shouldn't think Tyler Zeller's addition will get them where they want to go immediately. They may be better going with Leonard, who measured out fantastically at the combine, has shown flashes of potential and could end up being a better player than Zeller down the road.
There's a lot of doubt that Leonard can ever reach that potential, but I think Milwaukee could turn out to be a perfect fit for him, a mix of playing and watching without totally being turned lose or useless.
Phoenix is on the clock!