So, the draft order has been established. Your devoted writers here at the Dream Shake have set up a mock draft, pick by pick, to be delivered to you daily. We will be going through the first round of the draft with our selections and our reasons why we think we will correctly predict the whole damn thing.
1. New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis
2. Charlotte Bobcats: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. Washington Wizards: Andre Drummond
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Harrison Barnes
5. Sacramento Kings: Thomas Robinson
6. Portland Trail Blazers: Bradley Beal
7. Golden State Warriors: Terrence Jones
8. Toronto Raptors: Perry Jones III
9. Detroit Pistons: John Henson
10. New Orleans Hornets: Damian Lillard
11. Portland Trail Blazers: Jared Sullinger12. Milwaukee Bucks: Meyers Leonard
The 13th pick in the draft belongs to the Phoenix Suns. Rumors abound as to the status of the 14th pick and just who it will be. Fortunately for you, you get to sit through this post!
With the 13th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, the Phoenix Suns select Dion Waiters, PG/SG Syracuse University. Waiters is a 6'4" point guard/shooting guard with an intriguing scoring profile. Waiters can push the ball in transition, looks good shooting the ball, and is an excellent operator in the pick and roll.
As the Suns look to move forward towards the post-Steve Nash era, they are going to have to find playmakers who can score and create for other teammates. Waiters may not be the point guard of the future, but he is certainly someone who could be a key piece in a rebuilding project. It was difficult to pass on Jeremy Lamb and Kendall Marshall here, but I feel like Waiters fits best with the Suns both now and going forward.