I thouight I'd throw my hat into the ring with a realistic offseason mock:
1) Remounce Camby--Will bring him back later, but $16.87 mil cap hold is bulbus.
2) Renounce Boykins--Must get younger/upgrade at this spot
3) Maintain cap holds on Dragic and Lee
4) Trade #1: Martin, Dalembert, and #16 to Detroit for Gordon, Villaneueva, #9, and #39
Why Detroit would do this trade: Their cap situation is ATROCIOUS, they are bad, and Dumars has to be circling the drain because of it. Dally cound immediately be bought out, Martin a RFA at the end of 2012-13. Gordon and Villaneueva have player options that they will pick up.
5) Trade #14, #39, and Lowry to Portland for #6.
Why Portland would do this trade: They get their proven PG cheap instead of rolling the dice at #6. Also get #39 for a player to get on the cheap/stash in Europe next season.
6) With #6, we take Damian Lillard. With #9, we take Perry Jones.
7) Under the Gilbert Arenas provision, we offer Omer Asik a 4yr/$34.717 mil deal. It would be $5mil in yr 1, $5.225 in yr 2, $12 mil in yr 3, $12.492 mil in yr 4. Chicago wouldn't match and his cap # for us is a manageable $8.68 mil.
8) Sign Goran 5 yrs, $43.125 mil, yr 1 salary $7.5 mil.
9) Sign Courtney in the neighborhood of 3 yrs/$10mil, Camby around $2mil. Using a $58mil cap, according to my numbers we'd be about $1.25 mil under when this is all said and done, since we are also amnestying Scola if we can't get someone to take him for our 2014 #2. At the end of all of this, here's who will be fighting for rotation minutes:
Our stars down the road will be Parsons, 1 of the PG, and either PJ3 or Monty. I feel that this team makes the conference finals next year. What say you?