The Houston Rockets can't stop dealing, and they won't stop dealing. They now hold hostage the 12, 16 and 18 picks in this year's draft. Don't believe me? Hear it from Woj:
Shaun Livingston also goes to the Rockets as part of the package, sources tell Y!
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) June 27, 2012
A few reactions:
1) Chandler Parsons and John Leuer are on the same roster. If you aren't sure who Leuer is, he is a Big 10 version of Chandler Parsons.
2) We got two Jon Brockmans. YOU HEARD ME. TWO JON BROCKMANS.
3) Shaun Livingston just about solves the backup point guard conundrum.
4) All four of these guys have expiring contracts. The more liquid, the better, I suppose.
5) The Rockets no longer have a center on the roster.
You have to wonder if moving up two picks was worth trading Dalembert. Maybe Houston could have gotten more, but Morey is just in a ridiculous zone right now. I like the urgency, I like the "this is it" mentality that keeps hovering over these moves. I'm a fan for now, if only because I know this is certainly not the end of this.
Let me add this. The best part about these trades: since this is Daryl Morey, you know there is more to come from this trade. If this was David Kahn, well, this would be it and you'd hate your life.
Update (3:05 PM): Does this hurt chances for Howard trade?
Observe from ClutchFans poster BimaThug's Twitter account:
A Note From TDS: If you're mentioning something you "hear" or "read" relating to the Rockets and/or the Draft, please cite the source with a link. It makes everything much easier to follow. Thanks.