Remember that theory that getting Jeremy Lin would get the Rockets more national broadcasts? Yeah, they got two...just like last year. That is, unless you count NBA TV (I don't) as a national game. If so, then they got six, including Lin's return to Madison Square Garden.
The games above will be as follows:
- December 17th at Knicks (NBA TV)
- December 25th at Bulls (ESPN)
- January 23rd vs Nuggets (NBA TV)
- February 13th at Clippers (NBA TV)
- March 8th at Warriors (ESPN)
- March 15th vs Timberwolves (NBA TV)
Honestly, if you thought that this Rockets team was going to be thrust into the media spotlight with national attention because of the addition of Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik, you might be wearing ketchup and mustard shaded glasses. Sure, they could turn out to be an exciting team to watch, but make no mistake that it would be a rebuilding team and that usually doesn't equal ratings.
On the plus side, I can't remember the last time the Rockets got a Christmas Day game. The Texans on for Thanksgiving and the Rockets on for Christmas will certainly liven up the spirits in Houston.
Some other key games:
- October 31st at Pistons (opening night)
- November 3rd vs Trailblazers (home opener)
- March 9th at Suns (to face Dragic and Scola)
And that's about it. To see the full schedule, you can do so by clicking here.