I hate open threads but some of you guys wanted to have one so here ya go. Make sure to remember if you're going to spark a rumor, cite a source. If the source is bad we retain the right to mock you a bit. What we have right now is this:
- Daryl Morey and the front office completely exploited the Gilbert Arenas clause of the Collective Bargaining Agreement to offer Omer Asik his deal.
- Omer Asik's deal can be officially signed on July 11th meaning the Bulls have til the 13th to match (11, 12, 13, three days total)
- The salary cap is set on July 10th
- The Rockets have engaged in talks with Eric Gordon and Gordon has expressed interest in building a winner and being part of a team more so than ring chasing
- Eric Gordon has also met with the Phoenix Suns
- Dwight Howard to Brooklyn talks are ongoing
- Dwight Howard is still a crybaby
- Talks with Goran Dragic and the Rockets seem far apart on a deal
- Goran is meeting with Phoenix officials.
I'm sure I'll have something of substance up in the next few days but I have an assignment to get done by 5 o'clock today. Internet and cable is back up and running so I can be a more active participant/deterrent to conversation again. Enjoy!