James Harden is generally known as a pretty easy-going guy. He is relaxed on the bench, on the court, but according to a lawsuit reportedly filed against him, he let his emotions get the better of him in an altercation with a fan, allegedly punching the fan after being told "Kobe owns your ass" in Los Angeles during the first week of the season.
The man suing Harden, Barak Golan, alleges that Harden punched him in the face and then flipped him off as his SUV drove away, and is suing for assault and battery.
If these allegations are true, Harden screwed up badly. He is under a microscope with the high profile of the Rockets, and can't allow things like this to get to him. Obviously, making any judgements based off of the now-unsubstantiated word of one person is silly, but if the allegations are true, it looks very bad for Harden.
With the addition of Dwight Howard and with Harden's ascendance to stardom, he has a transition to make, and he has to avoid situations like this. Hopefully, this is nothing more than an angry fan trying to get his face in the spotlight and take some money off an NBA player.
Obviously, details are sketchy as of now and we don't know much about the situation, but we'll keep you updated as more becomes known.
More from The Dream Shake:
- Video Highlights: Rockets take down Celtics in rout behind Terrence Jones
- Houston Rockets go on the road to take on the Dallas Mavericks
- Sneak Peek: Dwight Howard to appear on Sesame Street
- Rockets - Mavericks Game Preview: Dwight Howard returns to Dallas to face Dirk, Mark Cuban
- Terrence Jones, Team Defense Leads to Win Over Boston, 109-85