This one wasn't as close as the score would indicate, and the score indicates a big win. It was worse, it was a curb stomp. The game was over late in the 2nd quarter. This is perhaps the most dominant performance I've seen from the Rockets all season.
Here are some things that didn't happen:
- Chuck Hayes dominated by Roy Flibberty Hibbert
- Chase Budinger exploited by Stranger Danger Danny Granger
- Goran Dragic can be very, very good. I was a big AB0 supporter, but I'll say it now - if this is a representative sample of what we get from him, he's better than Brooks. His decision making could improve, but his skills and effort are starter caliber. He's also tall and totally fearless.
- Courtney Lee is blossoming, and is one of the three best 3pt shooters in the NBA right now.
- Kevin Martin can score 20 in 27 minutes while the Rockets half-ass it for 3/4 of a game.
- Hasheem Thabeet blocked a shot at a higher point than any Rocket all season long.
- Indiana committed 20 turnovers, most of which seemed to be passes thrown to no one in particular while on offense.
- Indiana is a playoff team in the Eastern Conference.