The draft order has been established. Your devoted writers here at the Dream Shake have set up a mock draft, pick by pick, to be delivered to you daily. We will be going through the first round of the draft with our selections and our reasons why we think we will correctly predict the whole damn thing.
1. New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis
2. Charlotte Bobcats: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. Washington Wizards: Andre Drummond
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Harrison Barnes
5. Sacramento Kings: Thomas Robinson
6. Portland Trail Blazers: Bradley Beal
7. Golden State Warriors: Terrence Jones
8. Toronto Raptors: Perry Jones III
9. Detroit Pistons: John Henson
10. New Orleans Hornets: Damian Lillard
11. Portland Trail Blazers: Jared Sullinger
12. Milwaukee Bucks: Meyers Leonard
13. Phoenix Suns: Dion Waiters
14. Houston Rockets: Jeremy Lamb
The Philadelphia 76ers have the next pick in the draft. This pick will have a huge bearing on how the Rockets approach their next pick at sixteen. So who will the Sixers take?
Silly reader, you know you have to jump first.
The Sixers are young and athletic. If Jared Sullinger lasts this far they can pounce on him as their Elton Brand replacement. But in this scenario he has already been taken.
The Sixers don't have any bigs past Brand. It really is that simple at this point. Nikola Vucevic is young and can ball, but they need more. They have a young backcourt in Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday. And Andre Iguodala can play the two as well as the three. So even though I am high on Austin Rivers and I think the Sixers will look at him, I think that...
With the fifteenth pick in the NBA draft, the Philadelphia 76ers select Tyler Zeller out of North Carolina. He can come off the bench for a couple of years and can run the floor very well with the other young bloods. I think he gives them a lot of versatility and he qualifies as best player available. Pretty easy choice really.