If anyone is even reading this, let us know. I know italics are the "gloss over it type" or the "it’s in Latin type" but come on. We’re mocking the draft for you folk so you can criticize us about how our picks from two weeks ago don’t match up with picks after the combine, individual workouts, and medical revelations that happened long after our pick was in! We do it for you guys.
1. New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis
2. Charlotte Bobcats: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3. Washington Wizards: Andre Drummond
4. Cleveland Cavaliers: Harrison Barnes
5. Sacramento Kings: Thomas Robinson
6. Portland Trail Blazers: Bradley Beal
7. Golden State Warriors: Terrence Jones
8. Toronto Raptors: Perry Jones III
9. Detroit Pistons: John Henson
10. New Orleans Hornets: Damian Lillard
11. Portland Trail Blazers: Jared Sullinger
12. Milwaukee Bucks: Meyers Leonard
13. Phoenix Suns: Dion Waiters
14. Houston Rockets: Jeremy Lamb
15. Philadelphia 76ers: Tyler Zeller
16. Houston Rockets (Via New York): Kendall Marshall
17. Dallas Mavericks: Austin Rivers
18. Minnesota Timberwolves: Moe Harkless
19. Orlando Magic: Terrence Ross20. Denver Nuggets: Quincy Miller
The Boston Celtics are like that old family guard dog you have. Sure, a few years ago it was terrifying and it broke your 22 game win streak with the fury of a scorned lover. It didn’t care that it was your favorite toy, it just bit through it, took a dump on your carpet and then slept outside for a week or two as it bullied your neighborhood. Sorry. Bad memories. Either way, the Celtics need to add in youth and do something to mitigate against the fact that Ray Allen is probably gone. They’re also in need of a center because KG can’t hold the fort down at that position forever either. Really, this offseason/regular season will be extremely interesting for the Celtics because they could try to reload or they could just blow it up.
With the 21st pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Fab Melo, C, Syracuse. The Celtics have Steimsma who has a funny name. They don’t really have much else knocking around to hold down the middle for them. Melo is defensive ready now (Don’t penalize him for the zone, look at Syracuse’s fortunes after he went down) and for all those questioning his attitude and work ethic, two things. First, shut up. Second, in a Boston locker room with Doc Rivers at the helm (Though, for how much longer, I don’t know), I doubt there will be an issue. Further, the kid needs to be taught an offensive game, which won’t be an issue in Boston with Rajon Rondo feeding you the ball. The Celtics can go ahead and take a flyer on a guy with ridiculous upside because of that locker room and the way Danny Ainge runs his team we don’t know if they’ll be rebuilding right off the bat. Even then, a legitimate 7 footer with his kind of upside is the guy you trot out there anyhow.
The upside to making a pick like Melo and still having questions at other positions for depth/youth going forward is that Boston also owns the 22nd pick in the NBA Draft. I’ll be making that selection for Xiane as well because I assume he’s out in the middle of nowhere stashing bodies in deserts or what not.