Patrick Beverley lasted just ten minutes as the Houston Rockets starting point guard before he went down with an injury. Early in the second quarter, Beverley headed to the locker room with a rib injury, before the doctors there ruled him out for the rest of the game.
Lin would replace him in the second quarter, with Brooks backing him up. At the start of the second half, the Rockets left Lin in the lineup, returning him to the spot that he had taken away a few days before.
The Rockets endured a crazy rash of injuries in the first half, with Harden going to the locker room with tightness early in the game, followed by Beverley and his rib injury, and later by Jeremy Lin who was cut on his chin. Let's hope the first half isn't foreshadowing for what is to come during the season. We'll keep you updated as we learn more.
More from The Dream Shake:
- Houston Rockets-Charlotte Bobcats game preview
- Call Your Shot: Where do the Houston Rockets Finish This Year?
- Houston Rockets vs. Charlotte Bobcats: Opening night tip-off time and TV broadcast information
- 12 Big Predictions For This Rockets Season
- Houston Rockets to start Patrick Beverley over Jeremy Lin on opening night