After a pair of rough losses to the bottom feeders in the Western Conference, the Rockets were looking to bounce back in a big way against the Golden State Warriors. Dwight Howard had a monster effort with 22 and 18, James Harden kicked in a workingman's 34 and 7, and Terrence Jones messed around and got himself a double-double with 16 and 10 at the power forward spot.
More importantly, the Rockets limited the Warriors with impressive defense and had six fewer turnovers than the Warriors. The Rockets came into tonight's game dead last in turnover differential, giving up the ball 4.3 times more on average than their opponents, but they reversed that trend on Friday night, hitting the passing lanes and keeping the Warriors from getting any offensive rhythm.
Without further ado, here are the highlights from the blowout win, courtesy of CSN Houston:
- Rockets end 2 game skid with dominating win over Golden State Warriors
- Houston Rockets take down Golden State Warriors behind Dwight Howard, James Harden
- Rockets intensifying Omer Asik trade efforts, reports say
- Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors game preview
- Jeremy Lin injury update: Rockets guard returns to practice court