This will not be an article, it will not be jokes, it will not be embedded tweets. This is a list of all the storylines/narratives to pay attention to/get annoyed by the announcers talking about tonight.
- It's Dwight Howard's first game back since Jan. 23. He's starting and playing roughly 16 minutes.
- The Rockets will be without Patrick Beverley, whose wrist is all kinds of messed up.
- James Harden is an MVP candidate! So is Anthony Davis! Surely this game against each other means something.
- The Pelicans are fighting tooth and nail to pass the Thunder in the playoff race. Every loss hurts.
- The Rockets are fighting tooth and nail to pass the Grizzlies in the playoff race, win the goshdarn division and hopefully set up a showdown with the Mavericks in the first round.
- The Rockets own the Pelicans' first round pick, as long as it's in the 4-19 range. We want them as high in the lottery as possible, but so help us, if they jump into the top 3...
- Howard will likely be banging with Omer Asik, whose job he stole last year, turning the big Turk into a mopey waste of a human being for months on end.
- The Rockets are also without Terrence Jones and Kostas Papanikolaou. Need we remind you that no contending team in the NBA has had more injuries than the Rockets
Enough narrative? Let's play.