Today the National Basketball Association released their schedule for the 2015-16 season. Which means we can start circling dates on the calendar for the games we want to see. Ethan already covered the opening night and the Christmas day games, but what about those other games between and after that?
How about the Rockets 2nd game?
Friday, October 30th vs. Golden State Warriors
The Rockets don't have to wait very long to get a second shot against the Warriors. What is even more awesome is Dwight Howard will have served his suspension and word awaits on the fate of Ty Lawson at the start of the season. So we should have a nearly the same rosters as last year against each other. This is a night I definitely cannot wait for.
Saturday, November 7th @ Los Angeles Clippers
Another early season matchup that quickly rekindles a rivalry from last season. You can bet that Chris Paul and Blake Griffin will be looking for some sort of revenge, but I'm sure James Harden has other ideas.
Saturday, December 19th vs. Los Angeles Clippers
Clippers make their first trip to Houston of the season.
Friday, January 15th vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
The Eastern Conference Champions make their one and only regular season appearance this season. Could LeBron James and Kevin Love be back come June?
This is the Rockets toughest road trip of the year (they do have a four game in five night Eastern trip later) and this is what a great test to see where the Rockets are early in the season. Can they beat Anthony Davis, LaMarcus Aldridge and Tim Duncan, and Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook back-to-back-to-back?
Monday, February 29th @ Milwaukee Bucks
Nothing really special about this game outside of Sam Dekker returning home for the first time.
March 22nd and April 3rd against Oklahoma City Thunder
These two games against the Thunder could have a lot to do with seeding at the end of the year and I am going to say these are must-win games.
Sunday, April 10th vs Los Angeles Lakers
Just kidding, no one cares about the Lakers.
Here is a few more fun things about the 2015-16 schedule for you guys to nibble on:
- The Rockets have 18 games this year where they are going to have more rest than their opponent, 22 games where they less rest than their opponent and 42 games with the same amount of rest.
- Rockets have the 7th toughest schedule in the league.
- They have one set of four games in five nights.
- They have 20 back-to-backs this season, eight of which end at home, 12 of which end on the road.
- The Rocket season lasts 168 days from start to end, that means they'll have 86 days off/of rest this year before the playoffs.
- The Rockets will travel the ninth-most out of any team this season. 63 total trips equally 48,744 miles.