Note: I shouldn't be writing this preview because I've probably "forgotten" about the Spurs. Or maybe they're too under-the-radar for a preview. Wait, who were we talking about?
Out of the fire and into...another fire.
The Rockets head west on I-10 to take on the San Antonio Spurs tonight. Yet again, the Spurs and Rockets are heading in opposite directions. When last these teams met, it was Christmas and the Rockets won a game that once again gave hope to the embattled fanbase.
Three losses later, all with big leads blown, has brought Rockets fans back to the reality that Houston just isn't that good. It's becoming more and more difficult to discuss the team without wanting to throw something through something else.
Meanwhile, the Spurs haven't lost since December 25 and are currently at the tail-end of a 4-game homestand. Of course, the Spurs haven't lost a regular season game at AT&T Center in 3 years (all records approximate) and they've had two days off to prepare for a Rockets team that I fear would get blown out by the Sixers if the teams played tomorrow.
All of that adds up to some depressing feelings.
So let's watch a fun video instead!
Today's topic is yet another of the fabulous HEB commercials featuring the Spurs. Did you expect anything different?
1. Right off the bat: either Tim Duncan has the most genuine smile ever or the most fake one. He comes across as so nice here. Also, who brings meats on a slab like that to someone else's house?
2. Patty, we've been over this. Your accent is not that pronounced. Stop it Patty. PATTY! (Link is NSFW)
3. Danny Green busting out the Dad jokes already.
4. You might be thinking, "Why of course with the ice cream?" Well my friend, you came to the right guy! You see, the Spurs have done a Creamy Creations commercial before. They did another one that's even better, but I can't find it right now.
5. I don't know about you guys but bacon cheddar cheese balls sound amazing. Kawhi can bring snacks to my place anything. Indubitably.
6. "I don't have a dog!" is one of the funniest lines ever, and I can't figure out why. I think the incredulity that Aldridge expresses as he delivers the line might be the reason.
Anyway, we'll see if Houston can keep the deficit under 30 tonight.
Rockets vs Spurs coverage