While many of us are estranged from our extended families today due to COVID-19, everyone can still find things to be thankful for. For me, I’m thankful for the following:
- My wife Jess and two daughters (Mia, age 16 and Eleanor, age 4)
- My father. He had a heart attack and emergency triple bypass last summer. Even though I can’t see him in person today, I’m happy he’s still here.
- My sister, who lives on the other side of the state now and I won’t be seeing. A large chunk of my family has already passed, so I’m grateful for her in my life.
- Manny, Kenny, Dave, Bobby, Derek, Mike... good friends are hard to find. Hold on to the ones you got.
- All my co-board members at USA Boxing. Happy to call myself a member.
- My staff here at TDS. The best group I could hope for.
- The community of readers here. Thanks, guys... remember, you all are our lifeblood. Thanks for making this place a safe haven for all of us Rockets fans.
- Rockets basketball is starting in less than a month.
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s top of mind. What are you thankful for today?