It’s the Rising Stars challenge!
For the first time in franchise history, the Houston Rockets have three participants in the game: Jalen Green, Alperen Sengun and Jae’Sean Tate.
A new unique format should make things fresh and add some more intrigue to the game. Four NBA legends — Gary Payton, Rick Barry, James Worthy and Isiah Thomas — drafted six players in the pool of the league’s best rookies and sophomores and one member of the G League Ignite team.
Team Worthy will face Team Isiah in a game to 50. Then, Team Payton and Team Barry will face off in a game to 50. Then, the two winning teams will meet and compete to 25. The first team to 75 points (in the NBA’s 75th season) will win the Rising Stars Challenge.
Here’s a look at the teams:
- Cade Cunningham, Detroit Pistons
- Dyson Daniels, G League Ignite
- Evan Mobley, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Isaac Okoro, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Alperen Sengun, Houston Rockets
- Jae’Sean Tate, Houston Rockets
- Franz Wagner, Orlando Magic
- Precious Achiuwa, Toronto Raptors
- Desmond Bane, Memphis Grizzlies
- Saddiq Bey, Detroit Pistons
- Anthony Edwards, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Tyrese Haliburton, Sacramento Kings
- Jaden Hardy, G League Ignite
- Isaiah Stewart, Detroit Pistons
- LaMelo Ball, Charlotte Hornets
- Scottie Barnes, Toronto Raptors
- Ayo Dosunmu, Chicago Bulls
- Chris Duarte, Indiana Pacers (Injured, will not play)
- Scoot Henderson, G League Ignite
- Bones Hyland, Denver Nuggets (Injury replacement for Mitchell)
- Jonathan Kuminga, Golden State Warriors (Injury replacement for Duarte)
- Jaden McDaniels, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Davion Mitchell, Sacramento Kings (Injured, will not play)
- Cole Anthony, Orlando Magic
- MarJon Beauchamp, G League Ignite
- Josh Giddey, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jalen Green, Houston Rockets
- Herbert Jones, New Orleans Pelicans
- Tyrese Maxey, Philadelphia 76ers
- Jalen Suggs, Orlando Magic
Red Nation, this is your Rising Stars thread. Enjoy!